Early Bird registration NOW OPEN! Save the Date! Saturday August 11, 2018
New this year, the CHQ Dragon Boat Race will host two team divisions:
- Community Division for local, more casual competitors. This team division will have up to 10 paddlers with a minimum of 3 female paddlers on all boats.
- Club Division for organized club team competitors. This team division will have up to 20 paddlers with a minimum of 10 female paddlers on all boats.
*Each team must also carry one designated drummer.
Each dragon boat is seated with the required number of paddlers, a steersperson stands in the stern to guide the boat, with the drummer in the bow to motivate the team and keep the paddlers in synch.
The event will provide all the necessary equipment needed to participate including the boat, paddles and lifejackets. Crews do not require prior experience, a steersperson is provided along with training before the scheduled race day. Participants simply need the desire to enjoy a friendly, team building athletic competition!
Early Bird registration NOW OPEN!
10-person boat (Community Division):
- $400 Early Bird Rate, by June 15th
- $550 Regular Registration
20-person boat (Club Division):
- $800 Early Bird Rate, by June 15th
- $1,100 Regular Registration
Completed forms may be mailed to: P.O. Box 577, Celoron NY 14720-0577 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information on Registration please contact
Heather Nolan, co-chair Chautauqua Lake Dragon Boat Race Planning Committee
Shirley Sanfilippo, Chautauqua Lake Dragon Boat Race Planning Committee